Re: Multi-window support ?

I agree with Omar.

Le samedi 20 juillet 2013, Omar B. <estelar57@xxxxxxxxxxx> a écrit :
> hmm, I believe we need to think more about the applications and connected
peripherals, than the desktop itself.
> On the ASUS Transformer AiO, when the screen gets detached, it surely
becomes a big Tablet.
> So, I assume it will go from desktop mode to tablet mode (with probably a
possibility of manual override).
> In such big tablet form factors I see the usefulness of multi-window,
re-sizing or a more feature-rich side stage being introduced to the touch
environment.

> What is the difference? We really don't know what unity 8 for the desktop
looks like. But, based on logical induction, the only significant
difference is that you can move things around and resize them as windows in
one, and they're all fullscreen in the other. You can still run the same
apps in desktop mode as in tablet mode, but more applications might be
available to desktop mode.

> This isn't Windows. Canonical is striving towards Unity. Microsoft chose
a divided approach, with clear separation between desktop and tablet.

> On Jul 19, 2013 11:16 PM, "Omar B." <estelar57@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>>A 20" screen definitely qualifies for desktop mode. I don't think it
would be running tablet style at that point.
> Then, I wonder what would be the case study for the ASUS Transformer AiO.
> Just desktop mode?
>
> ASUS Transformer AiO Hands On Demo (18-inch Windows 8 + Android Tablet
Monster)