Re: Applications spawning other Applications

On Thu, 2013-07-18 at 11:38 -0400, Marc Deslauriers wrote:

> Is there an API for this already? Is it something we're going to handle?

Low level, yes.  I think this needs to get migrated into the Qt Ubuntu
plugin.

http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~indicator-applet-developers/url-dispatcher/trunk.13.10/view/head:/liburl-dispatcher/url-dispatcher.h

Right now all the supported URLs are hardcoded.  But it's basically a
trusted helper that will use Upstart to launch the application with the
proper URL.  In the future I'd expect the URLs supported to exist in the
Click package manifest, but that's not needed for v1.0.

Ted