Re: Ubuntu Edge (the Ubuntu handset)

Agreed. And here in USA the "Modern American Mentality” has taken over and people don't realized that high quality products come at a price. They are used to 2 year contracts that get them "latest hardware” at 200 to 300. But this device being 3 times the power and quality, but not 3 times the price goes over Kant's heads.

I am very low income, but I can save up $830 in 3 to 4 weeks. But again, I NEED Verizon because I, as many others also, live in a rural area. Eventually we will have LTE, but not for 2 to 4 years.

Since these won't be manufactured till months after the fund ends. Requesting 1 or 2 thousand CDMA should be that hard. Or since this is flagged as a "Open Device ” why not pioneer the first LTE capable Combo phone? CDMA+GSM. Only using the one you need. So later if you wish you can jump to any carrier you can imagine. Making it Truly Open.

Just some thoughts. God Bless