Re: Ubuntu Edge (the Ubuntu handset)

hi,
On Di, 2013-07-23 at 14:35 -0300, Cláudio Sampaio wrote:
> Is Ubuntu Edge going to be open-source hardware? Most successful
> products I've seen from crowdfunding are, but I see no mention of it
> in Ubuntu Edge's page. Not being open-source hardware would be
> unfortunate (As for an aside, the Parallella Open-Source Massive
> Computing Board just started selling after its successful campaign).

i doubt you can find any proper opensource graphics hardware in the
mobile market currently, the same goes for the modems ...

also the idea of the Edge is ... well, to use HW on the current edge of
performance (while still maintaining a proper battery life), this will
likely only be possible with some bigger silicon partner who can produce
such HW in bigger amounts to keep it at a payable price.

ciao
	oli