Re: Ubuntu Phone Nexus 7 2

On Thu, Jul 25, 2013 at 12:47 AM, A Random User <ander02342@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Now that the new nexus 7 is offical, I have a few questions for the other
> developers. I have little doubt that the new newus seven will be ported to,
> but my main question is if the primary 7 inch tablet will remain with the
> nexus seven or will move on the new one. I am mostly curious because I am
> looking for a good ubuntu phone device. Ubuntu phone is currently still in
> the extreme developement stage, so I think it is important to have a device
> that will have lots of offical development and help.

We'll still just support the old Nexus 7 for now, as we first need to
start the port for the latest device. It should work, but the main
problem is that the device is based on Android 4.3 by default, so it
requires us to make our layer compatible with that as well (at least
the 4.3 based binaries).

Don't have the device, so can't give more details, but don't see why
not (we would at least have the same possibility to distribute
binaries, so we could also produce such a build once the port is
done).

Ricardo Salveti de Araujo