Re: Fwd: GPS - Navigation app

I used navit relatively successfully with Neo FreeRunner on Debian
during 2010-2011, with full navigation support and Finnish speech
output. It was very slow and the UI configuration needed work to be
really touch friendly, but it did its job and both the OSM maps and
navit's navigation were quite good.

Marble is maybe the closest target since it already runs on Qt/QML and
has had Nokia N9 port before. Navit has an older qpainter port. And
Marble can use monav's routing daemon which completes the picture to
be on par with navit. Maybe both would be worthy of making Ubuntu
Touch ready. I found Marble's UI a bit loaded, and it might be quicker
to hack a Navit configuration for a simple UI demo, and then customize
Marble more in the longer term.

Just my two cents.

-Timo