Re: "Can I use the internet?"

On 30 July 2013 15:34, Ted Gould <ted@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Tue, 2013-07-30 at 08:23 -0500, Jamie Strandboge wrote:
>
> On 07/30/2013 08:12 AM, Ted Gould wrote:
>> On Tue, 2013-07-30 at 10:44 +0100, Iain Lane wrote:
>>> In implementing the Time and Date settings[0], I need to know how to
>>> answer the question in the subject. We have NM's D-Bus API - does that
>>> cover all cases (mobile data, flight mode, containment [ok, that's not
>>> relevant for system settings, but more generally], ...) or is there
>>> something else to use here?
>>
>> To be clear, you shouldn't use the D-Bus API, but instead the library.
>>
> What library are you referring to? This is one of the permissions for
> application policy groups we'd like to define.
>

> libnm-glib.  But really the security information should be for the NM D-Bus
> interface which is on the system bus.  We also probably need a security
> policy for the oFono D-Bus interface as there's some information we'd allow
> people to know there as well.
>
> Ted

Is that actually a written library, or auto-generated one? Evan and I
have been independently bitten by bugs in the lib*-glib auto generated
dbus-wrapping libraries from gi before, to point where on cleanup it
would crash your app =/
After that, I started to prefer using dbus API directly, if I can,
instead of going via generated-wrapper libraries.

Regards,

Dmitrijs.