Re: "Can I use the internet?"

On Wed, Jul 31, 2013 at 1:42 PM, Iain Lane <laney@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 31, 2013 at 03:18:27PM +0400, Alberto Mardegan wrote:
>> On 07/30/2013 07:50 PM, Iain Lane wrote:
>> >Admittedly I didn't know about it ;-) But looking at that API reference
>> >it seems to be more about mobile stuff whereas my question is a bit more
>> >generic than that — I want to know if there's an internet connection of
>> >any type available.
>> >
>> >Maybe I can't see it on this API or maybe Qt has something else for that
>> >in which case I'd be happy to switch over.
>>
>> QNetworkAccessManager::networkAccessible():
>>
>> https://qt-project.org/doc/qt-5.0/qtnetwork/qnetworkaccessmanager.html#networkAccessible-prop
>
> Thanks for the tip. It looks like it should work, however I always get
> QNetworkAccessManager::UnknownAccessibility returned. Is there a trick?

When running lp:ubuntu-download-manager on Ubuntu Touch, we are also
always getting QNetworkInfo::UnknownMode, so we had to work around it:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu-download-manager/+bug/1204654

On the desktop, it seems to work fine, so I bet this is something on
the networking stack, but we didn't dig much further yet.

cheers,
--
alecu