Re: "Can I use the internet?"

On Tue, Jul 30, 2013 at 10:17:42AM -0400, Tony Espy wrote:
> […]
> So...  I guess the next question is does the platform API currently have
> the functions you need ( eg. GetTimeZone(), GetCurrentTime() )?  If so,
> perhaps we can implement a short-term solution for how these functions
> are implemented until the timed solution is ready?

Hmm, not sure - where can I see the API documentation for this?

You can see what the design asks me to implement[0] — for that I need to
know the things I asked in this thread

  1. Am I connected to the internet?
  2. Do I have location detection?
  3. Do I have data from my mobile carrier?

I suppose to some extent they're influenced by what the backend does.
It's (as I said earlier in the thread) what actions can the user take to
get the time set for them automatically? The design assumes that's
trying to get WiFi, cellular data and location detection. So I need APIs
to tell me if those things are available.

If that's not accurate, please could you work with mpt to update the
design?

[0] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/TimeAndDate#Phone

--
Iain Lane                                  [ iain@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ]