Re: Ubuntu Edge (constructive criticism/advice on Canonical's approach)

No, you missed the point entirely. This is a "halo device." Whether it
sells a single one is entirely irrelevant. Its purpose is not to sell in
large quantities, and it isn't meant for people who are short on cash. This
is a device meant for people who want the very best and have the money to
get it.

And I will also say that it's rather insulting to suggest FOSS people do
not have much money. People don't use FOSS because they're poor. They use
it because it's better. Large swaths of the world pirate Windows because
they disagree about the superiority of FOSS. They don't have the money to
buy Windows, but they still use it. Lack of money is not a defining
attribute if the FOSS community by any means.

There will be dedicated Ubuntu phone hardware hitting the market next year,
from a variety of manufacturers. Convince one of them to make a device you
like. There are other fantastic designs besides the iPhone. The iPhone 5 is
an excellently designed piece of hardware, don't get me wrong, but it's not
alone.

Sincerely,
Josh