Re: Ubuntu Edge (constructive criticism/advice on Canonical's approach)

I haven't read anything insulting from your mails. :)

I can understand your point of view, but any "low-spec" phone that
Canonical could push would still be a lot more expensive than anything
comparable that's already on the market. So if price is an issue, then it's
unlikely that the Edge would be an option in any case. Things have to be
mass produced in order to force prices down. I don't think Canonical is in
any position to do that. They're a rather small company compared to the
giants out there. There are other players who are much better positioned to
do so, such as Huawei. They are my personal favorite for a big-hit Ubuntu
phone, because they're a large company with the resources to push out
high-quality phones, and they've been struggling in the Android market.
Ubuntu can be a good way to get a head start in a new market, and I think
Ubuntu also has an advantage being a Chineese reference thing.

Canonical wants to partner up with existing hardware manufacturers and I
think that's the best way to go.