Re: Ubuntu Edge (constructive criticism/advice on Canonical's approach)

On 4 August 2013 23:13, Greg W <mttbrnsmls@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Thanks :)
>
> Canonical's influence on the Edge resulted in a great
> looking/sized/arranged phone. Hopefully Canonical will exert influence in a
> Huawei designed phone. I'm just reading a lot that makes it sound like
> Canonical will not bother with hardware design at all unless the Edge
> succeeds. Yet Canonical's influence on the design of the Edge is really
> impressive. So I hope Canonical will stay open to designing/influencing
> hardware design for at least one Ubuntu phone even if the Edge isn't
> successful.

Yes, that would be nice. Just to remove any doubt; I'm not employed by
Canonical and I have no real reason to expect anything from Huawei. That's
hope and nothing else. :)

In either case, even if they don't succeed this time, they might want to
try again next year. I think the biggest mistake that was done, was not to
tell the community about these plans ahead of the Indiegogo compaign. That
would've allowed more people to prepare for it and set aside some cash. If
at first you don't succeed, try and try again :)