Re: Ubuntu Edge (the Ubuntu handset)

>You're missing the point, Canonical expressed they are not planning to enter the hardware market. Planning a low end device to raise money for a high end device is exactly that.
Offering the same device with a little less features or optimizations does't equal entering the hardware market.
Sometimes you need to adapt to the new data coming in and compromise some of your pre-conceived notions in order to make a campaign successful. It wouldn't be the first time , in fact everyday hundreds of campaigns think they have everything laid out "perfectly" and then find out along the way some of their flaws / mistakes.
This is Agile at is best.
The worst you can do is use the hardcoded "waterfall method" for a crowdfunding campaign.
So if that's the case we can officially forget as of today about this campaign since with the current structure and perks is not going to happen.