Re: Various issues with Ubuntu Touch

On Tue, 2013-08-06 at 10:58 +0200, Ruald Andreae wrote:
> We can then discuss how to best continue with each issue.

A lot of the things you have mentioned are bugs. It is far more likely
for these to be tracked and fixed if you file them as individual bugs in
Launchpad. Try assigning them to touch-preview-images if you can't find
the specific app or component to assign it to.

Then you can strip these emails down to just the non-bug stuff that we
can discuss. Shorter emails are far more likely to be read and
replied. ;)

> Should there be some minor indicator at the bottom to show the user
> there is something? Some kind of grab handle?

I don't think so. If you want to do anything other than interact with
the content, it is likely you want to use the toolbar. This should be
taught to the user on first boot.

> We should remove the address book app completely and add a contacts
> shortcut directly to the phone contacts app.

Pretty sure this is moving in the other direction. They've been saying
they want to split the phone app into separate apps for awhile.

In fact, I've not updated my phone for a week now, and I've never seen
this address book, so I assume this has just been added a couple of days
ago. Assuming it's fully functional, it will probably be removed from
the phone app shortly.