Re: Silent mode & vibrating: how do we implement those?

On 08/06/2013 05:38 PM, Loïc Minier wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 05, 2013, Loïc Minier wrote:
>>     https://wiki.ubuntu.com/SilentMode
>>     https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/touch-silent-mode
>
> Updated with notes from today's sync; we refocused on a basic initial
> implementation where telephony/messaging apps and indicators would just
> listen to a silent-mode gsetting to disable their notifications.  We can
> revisit the bigger plan in a future iteration.

Sounds good to me. I have a lot on my plate right now so I'm happy about
not having to write more PulseAudio modules right now anyway.

And that potential PulseAudio module, if ever implemented, could listen
to changes on the gsettings key you just defined, and block other apps
trying to play back audio based on how their streams are tagged.

--
David Henningsson, Canonical Ltd.
https://launchpad.net/~diwic