Re: Ubuntu Edge (the Ubuntu handset)

Your are right it's too late for this campaign. And maybe $700 is a bit
overzealous.  I was saying this is what they should have done, better
marketing, pre-released versions of Ubuntu for Android and perks that will
drive the deal through. Backers who paid $750 a device will add a bit extra
later to make it happen and convince their friends to donate $10 for a pen
etc:

      Perk Cost Amount Sold Funded  Ubuntu Pen 10 1500 15000  Ubuntu CD 15
1400 21000  Ubuntu Pens and stickers 20 1300 26000  Ubuntu Pens, stickers
and CD 30 1200 36000  Ubuntu T-shirt 50 1100 55000  Ubuntu Pens, stickers,
CD and T-shirt 100 1000 100000  Ubuntu backpack 100 900 90000  All of the
above 200 800 160000  128GB of UbuntuOne for a year 200 700 140000  All of
the above 350 600 210000  Ubuntu Desktop & Mobile support for a year 500 500
250000  Edge Phone 750 38000 28500000  All of the above 1200 2000
2400000  Special
Perk 10000 10 100000   32103000
It's a lofty goal, but seems more achievable than the current one.