Re: Flipped Sony Tablet Z Port

Hello,

On 07.08.2013 00:46, András Mamenyák wrote:
> Question I asked earlier, can I provide two device images with one
> maintainer team? Because I am providing pollux_windy image when you run
> that command, which could lead to problems when used with pollux device.
> Should I create separate teams for the same device, but different
> versions, (like with LTE, wifi only) or can you show me how to update
> the manifest to be able to support two or more devices?

No, that's currently not possible. I could help you set up the teams in
LP and set up the first revisions of the branches, but you'd have to
update the branches if you wanted to update the images.

phablet-flash is quite simple in this regard. If you tell it to "flash
community build <somename>". It will check if there's a manifest in

 lp:<somename>-image-dev/phablet-image-info/<somename>

So there's no support for "--variant <something>".

> I think there is no reason to phablet-flash not to work if first it uses
> fastboot commands to install the boot and other device partitions and
> then going into the installed recovery to flash the ubuntu image.
> But wiping out everything is too much for me to test right now.

I just thought it would have been nice if the images we offer through
phablet-flash had been tested beforehand.

> But the saucy image cannot be flashed with phablet until it needs the
> extra 70-* rules file, because it won't work, that's why it still has
> the non flipped image.

Can anyone help András with this?

Have a great day,
 Daniel
--
Get involved in Ubuntu development! developer.ubuntu.com/packaging
Follow @ubuntudev on identi.ca/twitter.com/facebook.com/G+