Questions regarding the App Showdown

Hello,

I'm planning on developing an application for the Ubuntu App Showdown, and have a couple of questions:

I'm concidering allowing the app to sync with a backend web service. Is this something I would use Online Accounts for, and where can I find out how to use it? Also, the service in mind requires an API key by the developer. What is the recommended procedure for using API keys in an Ubuntu Touch app that is open source (GPLv3).

I'd also like to be able to schedule events in the calendar, by passing a date, title, and text to the calendar. Is this possible, or will it be possible by the deadline?

Another feature that would be nice to have is inserting notes into the Notes app. Again, is or will this be possible before the deadline?

Thank you,

--
Michael Spencer - http://sonrisesoftware.wordpress.com

And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him.
- Colossians 3:17

Follow ups