Re: Questions regarding the App Showdown

>> Another feature that would be nice to have is inserting notes into the
>> Notes app. Again, is or will this be possible before the deadline?
>
> I don't think there is an API to insert notes in the Notes app, but Ugo
> Riboni, who develops the app, should be able to confirm.

I confirm, there no official API to insert notes in notes-app.

The unofficial way to do it is to inject notes into the notes-app SQLite
database while the app is not running, but it is of course unsupported
and the database structure is subject to change at any time without notice.

That said, if you want to see how to do it, you can use the autopilot
tests for notes-app as an example. Grep for a function called setup_db,
it does exactly this kind of operation. The code is in python but it is
simple enough and I'm sure you can adapt to your language of choice.

Hope it helps,
--
Ugo