Re: Is Ubuntu Giving Up On Ubuntu Touch

On 08/12/2013 04:10 AM, András Mamenyák wrote:
I just wish we had another day like aug 1, when everyone from ubuntu
helped on the IRC chat.
For you guys, fixing a porting problem is like half an hour, for me,
it's a month.
And most people are connected to Ubuntu Touch through ports, don't
forget that.

I'm lucky. I have a Galaxy Nexus and can go back and forth from Ubuntu to Android as much as I like. But I'm not an OS developer and I'm not working on the core OS itself.

The point I wanted to make is that once Ubuntu 13.10 is released, building Ubuntu for a specific phone isn't going to be such a moving target anymore. But it's *more* important that the core phone components are finished and stable because after 13.10 ports can be added, but without that groundwork, nobody has a working phone at the end of it.

I'm a little disappointed that the documentation hasn't been updated faster, but if it were really easy to do it would've been finished by now.

Regards,
Nathan

--
Nathan Haines