Re: Running background services

Hello,

On 14.08.2013 09:41, Michael Zanetti wrote:
> On Wednesday 14 August 2013 09:31:31 Daniel Holbach wrote:
>>> Does that mean I will have an Ubuntu Edge phone with 4GB of RAM, 8 CPU
>>> cores and cannot do multitasking on it?
>>
>> I don't think anyone specified the phone to have 8 CPU cores - where did
>> you read that?
>
> Nowhere... I think you get my point...

I think I'd just be a bit careful with saying "the Edge has 8 CPU cores"
from a canonical.com mail address on a public mailing list, you might
get quoted somewhere.

>> How is "app authors can write daemons" = multitasking?
>
> How does this relate? Thomas said there will be no running apps in the
> background / minimzed apps, which to me means there will be no multitasking.

To me it seemed like this mail exchange was about writing background
services (= daemons). It was even mentioned in the subject line.

Have a great day,
 Daniel

--
Get involved in Ubuntu development! developer.ubuntu.com/packaging
Follow @ubuntudev on identi.ca/twitter.com/facebook.com/G+