Re: Running background services

>  Well, Ubuntu Touch is said by Canonical to enable convergence of devices,
> e.g., a smartphone which becomes a PC by connecting a monitor (by cable),
> mouse and keyboard (by Bluetooth).
>     Let us remember that a notebook user with Linux, Mac OS and Windows
> has real multitasking.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves. The current case treats the strict rigid
case of the Ubuntu Phone. If you read this thread closely, you will see
mentions of v1/v2 of the app lifecycle. V1 is not even finished.

 Psion Epoc 32 users (from 11-16 years ago) have real preemptive
> multitasking on pocket computers with 16MB of RAM, some users have devices
> which lasted 5 years without rebooting, without the system closing
> softwares by itself. Even also using my Psion Revo+ for developing
> (editing/compiling/testing) on device, it remained 2 years without
> rebooting. Not a bad experience at all.
>     IMHO, It is a joke to have in 2013 quad core & 2GB RAM smartphones
> with not real multitasking.

The problem is not memory/cpu, but battery.

Zisu Andrei