Re: The Nexus 4 coma condition

On 13/08/13 12:12, John McAleely wrote:
On 13/08/13 11:32, Michael Zanetti wrote:
I think it's worth mentioning that you need to use the original wall
charger
I've tried two different original chargers (One new from Google Play,
and one from a colleague who had it supplied with a handset), and many
variations of 'plug in, hold down power button (10 sec, 60 sec, longer),
and power plus volume up and/or down), and even just leaving it. With
and without a SIM installed.

It would seem my phone will not take charge at all. Has anyone else seen
this?

Following up, I was about to declare this phone dead, when I tried plugging it in to another colleagues wall charger 'one last time'. Lo, there was a small red light, and eventually full recovery.

Examining the two chargers, the one which could recover from dead has model number MCS-01UR, and the one which couldn't had model number MCS-01UT.

Both are UK model wall chargers, so I think this information will have a limited applicability.

I speculate that LG have (at least) two different suppliers for these devices and/or a spec that has evolved with time.

I don't have data for when both these devices were bought, although the MCS-01UT was bought from the play store last week.

tl:dr: You need an original wall charger, and there are multiple models of these. Try different ones until you get one that can raise your N4 from its coma.