Re: The Nexus 4 coma condition

On Mon, Aug 19, 2013 at 8:07 AM, Pat McGowan <pat.mcgowan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:
[...]

> Can you check the output  specs for the chargers? This seems to vary quite
> a bit. The Nexus 4 charger I have does 5V at 0.7A, the Nexus 10 charger
> does 2A. Would not be surprised if this makes a difference.
>
> Also wanted to warn folks that if you leave the phone plugged into USB,
> then the adb wakelock will keep the unit from suspending. This can be true
> even if the laptop its connected to is off. Good way to drain the battery.

the Nexus 7 shows similar symptoms in that if I use to top off the battery
it with my regular random phone charger (~0.5A), it just works fine. Having
reached 0% battery after a longer period of rest does require the bulky
charger with 2A to wake it up. This is explicitly stated in some of the
online resources.

It's odd if the N4 would suffer from the same symptom but not have the cure
(2A charger) as part of the shipment.

hth,
O.