Re: The Nexus 4 coma condition

On 19/08/13 15:07, Pat McGowan wrote:
Can you check the output  specs for the chargers? This seems to vary
quite a bit. The Nexus 4 charger I have does 5V at 0.7A, the Nexus 10
charger does 2A. Would not be surprised if this makes a difference.

The two chargers I can compare are both 'made' by LG, and sold for use with the Nexus 4. I purchased this one from the (UK) google play store a week or so ago, and it could not lift my N4 from its coma:

TRAVEL ADAPTER
MODEL: MCS-01UT
INPUT: 100-240V~
       50/60Hz 0.2A
OUTPUT: 5.0V - 1.2A
S/N: TA291012212
For use this model only
Made in China by TEN PAO

And this one appears to have been supplied with an N4, and it worked like a charm to charge my dead N4:

TRAVEL ADAPTER
MODEL: MCS-01UR
INPUT: 100-240V~
       50/60Hz 0.2A
OUTPUT: 5.0V - 1.2A
S/N: RB310001976
For use this model only
Made in China by SUNLIN

So their specs look identical. From the handful of chargers I tried while reviving this phone, there are quite a few in circulation (at least in our London office) that can't revive dead N4's