Re: Start up script

On 22 August 2013 09:33, Tobias Havla <tbhavla@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello again!
>
> Can anybody tell me how I can add a script to the start up applications
> when the user phablet logs in (like startup
> applications/gnome-session-properties in Ubuntu)? I doesn't work when I
> add the script to upstart/init.d because it needs to run on user login.
>
> Thanks in advance.

There is upstart in user-session mode running as well system wide,
thus you can add upstart jobs to auto-start on session login.

There are many locations where user-sessions jobs are read:
~/.config/upstart
/etc/xdg/upstart
/usr/share/upstart/sessions/

You probably want to place your jobs in ~/.config/upstart, yet take
example from default jobs in /usr/share/upstart/sessions/

More information in $ man 5 init

Regards,

Dmitrijs.