Re: Nexus 7 3G [2012] problem with ubuntu touch

On 08/22/2013 01:28 PM, Sergio Schvezov wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 22, 2013 at 1:21 PM, Sayantan Das <sayantan13@xxxxxxxxx
> <mailto:sayantan13@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
>
>     Hi all,
>
>     I am having problems after installing ubuntu touch on my Nexus 7 3G
>
>     I tried using the command to install ubuntu touch
>
>     sudo pablet-flash cdimage-touch -d grouper -b
>
>     But after installing, it doesn’t boot. It's stuck at the Google splash
>     screen. .
>     I can go to the recovery menu. I tried to flash packages manually with no joy.
>
>     Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>

> Is the codename for this tilapia or razonr? did fastbooting the wrong image
> really work? Can we get full logs?
> In any case, if (tilapia or razor) and grouper differ hw wise, this won't work.
> razor is much more likely to differ from what I heard.
>
> This is the reason why I avoid the commercial names.

FYI, perhaps related, perhaps not, but I saw this on grouper yesterday after
installing Mir the 'Easy' way[1]. It boots fine after using:
$ phablet-flash cdimage-touch --pending -d grouper

but after installing mir and rebooting I would see entries like this repeatedly
in the kern.log:
Aug 22 01:07:53 ubuntu-phablet kernel: [   51.402324] init: sys_prop: permission
denied uid:32011  name:persist.sys.NV_STEREOCTRL

[1]https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Touch/Testing/Mir