Re: Can we have something like /etc/buildstamp in ubuntu touch image ?

On Aug 28, 2013, at 05:45 PM, Sergio Schvezov wrote:

>System images also create  /etc/ubuntu-build
>and /etc/system-image/channel.ini
>
>So the media-info is from cdimage and the channel/ubuntu-build is from the
>system image which don't necessarily match. On the same system:
>
># cat /etc/system-image/channel.ini
>[service]
>base: system-image.ubuntu.com
>http_port: 80
>https_port: 443
>channel: daily-proposed
>build_number: 20130834

Right.  system-image-{cli,dbus} will prefer channel.ini if it exists, and will
fall back to ubuntu-build if it doesn't.  If you ever get an existing build
number of 0, or see the image updater try to update you from version 0, it
means neither location was found.

-Barry