Re: Image package changes now easily spotable

Hi Oliver,

On Fri, Aug 30, 2013 at 7:43 AM, Oliver Grawert <ogra@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> hi,
>
> since a while i use a local script to compare the manifests of two image
> builds to easily visualize what packages were added, upgraded or removed
> between two image builds (for regression tracking etc)

I wrote something similar about a month ago that is waiting to be
integrated to the cdimage machinery, there's a branch waiting for review.
The idea is to have something like that but for every Ubuntu image that is
generated. The script shows, like yours, the added, removed and changed
source packages between images, also displaying the package changelogs, and
also showing the packages that aren't in the archive yet (on PPAs). You can
find an output example here [1].

I can set it up to run as a cronjob like you did, while the script isn't
integrated (which I hope will happen), so you don't have to maintain yet
another script that should be supported officially soon. I know your time
is precious specially these days. :)

Anything, you can ping me on IRC!

[1] http://paste.ubuntu.com/6044617/

Cheers,