Re: Channel 13 on Ubuntu Touch wifi

On 09/02/2013 09:51 AM, Sayantan Das wrote:
> Again, my question would be, why in Ubuntu Touch and not in the desktop
> version.? And in Android its legal ? I somehow don't understand the concept.

The desktop version includes drivers sourced from the Ubuntu kernel
package, whereas Touch may include Android-specific drivers.

> The second question is, will *iw reg* be added as an option in GUI mode?

There are no plans to add this feature to the Wi-Fi system settings at
this point.  For more details on Wi-Fi settings, see:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Networking#phone-wifi

Although "iw" can be installed from the archive, it's not guaranteed to
work on Touch devices as not all Android Wi-Fi drivers properly support
manual configuration of Wi-Fi regulatory domains.

Have you tried "iw reg" on your device?  Also, what device are you using?

Regards,
/tony