Re: Galaxy Nexus won't boot after failed phablet-flash

Hi all,

Le 08/09/2013 13:41, Sergio Schvezov a écrit :
On Sun, Sep 8, 2013 at 7:50 AM, Bruno Girin <brunogirin@xxxxxxxxx
<mailto:brunogirin@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    Hi all,

    I had an early Ubuntu Touch image on my Galaxy Nexus and this
    morning I decided to upgrade it to the latest image. I decided I
    wanted a fully fresh install so I ran:

    phablet-flash cdimage-touch -b

    which resulted in:

    WARNING:phablet-flash:Device needs to be unlocked for the following
    to work
    INFO:phablet-flash:Flashing system to
    /home/bruno/Downloads/phablet-flash/ubuntu-touch/20130905.1/saucy-preinstalled-system-armel+maguro.img
    < waiting for device >
    erasing 'system'...
    OKAY [  0.018s]
    sending 'system' (60695 KB)...
    OKAY [ 16.044s]
    writing 'system'...
    OKAY [ 12.742s]
    finished. total time: 28.805s
    INFO:phablet-flash:Flashing boot to
    /home/bruno/Downloads/phablet-flash/ubuntu-touch/20130905.1/saucy-preinstalled-boot-armhf+maguro.img
    sending 'boot' (6656 KB)...
    OKAY [  2.860s]
    writing 'boot'...
    OKAY [  0.567s]
    finished. total time: 3.427s
    INFO:phablet-flash:Flashing recovery to
    /home/bruno/Downloads/phablet-flash/ubuntu-touch/20130905.1/saucy-preinstalled-recovery-armel+maguro.img
    sending 'recovery' (6660 KB)...
    FAILED (data transfer failure (Protocol error))

I have exactly the same problem with a Nexus 7 ('grouper').

I don't update regularly : IIRC, I did the last update ~2 weeks ago and it was ok. Then I powered it off. When I started it monday or tuesday, it was stuck on "Google" black screen.

How often do you get this or can you reproduce easily?

always : since it appeared, it can't boot normally

    finished. total time: 1.583s
    ERROR:phablet-flash:Command 'fastboot flash recovery
    /home/bruno/Downloads/phablet-flash/ubuntu-touch/20130905.1/saucy-preinstalled-recovery-armel+maguro.img'
    returned non-zero exit status 1

    The device now fails to start and stays on the "Google" flash
    screen. How can I recover it?

Reboot into recovery and add -d maguro to the command.

I already performed some tests :
in recovery mode, i started some variations of phablet-flash :

phablet-flash cdimage-legacy -b -d grouper
phablet-flash cdimage-legacy -d grouper
phablet-flash cdimage-touch -b -d grouper
phablet-flash cdimage-touch -d grouper
phablet-flash ubuntu-system
phablet-flash ubuntu-system -d grouper

but the problem is still there.

I tested also some manual copy with adb push :
sometimes the copy is ok, some times there is the error.

the command :
$ adb push /home/michel/Téléchargements/phablet-flash/ubuntu-touch/20130828.1/saucy-preinstalled-touch-armhf.zip /sdcard/autodeploy.zip

returns :
failed to copy '/home/michel/Téléchargements/phablet-flash/ubuntu-touch/20130828.1/saucy-preinstalled-touch-armhf.zip' to '/sdcard/autodeploy.zip': Read-only file system

What is surprising is that the error comes after the copy is complete : I have to wait ~5 minutes before seeing the error message. If it's really a readonly error, I guess the error should appear immediately.

Then I execute :
$ adb push /home/michel/Téléchargements/phablet-flash/ubuntu-touch/20130828.1/saucy-preinstalled-touch-armhf.zip /sdcard

and it returns no error :
1333 KB/s (374128349 bytes in 274.068s)

so i execute :

$ adb shell
# cd /sdcard
# mv saucy-preinstalled-touch-armhf.zip autodeploy.zip
# reboot recovery

then the Nexus reboots and starts the update process (bugdroid with a rotating wireframe star) just for few seconds (3-5) and then goes back to the black Google screen forever.

If you need other tests, I can follow the exact informations for a manual installation (https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Touch/Install#Manual_Download_.26_Installation)

Hope this helps.

Michel