 Subject: Re: [Ubuntu-phone] Best Way Of Reloading A Screwed System
 To: "Fabian Herb" <fabian@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
 Cc: madhemail-launchpad@xxxxxxxxx, "ubuntu-phone" <ubuntu-phone@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
 Date: Saturday, 14 September, 2013, 19:12

 Hi
 Before using the OTA update you have to do
 'phablet-flash ubuntu-system', as far as I
 understand
 Christian

 2013/9/14 Fabian Herb
 <fabian@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

 Hello,

 the OTA update never worked for me so far, so I always did
 "phablet-flash cdimage-touch" instead. But
 strangely I get plenty of updated packages on "apt-get
 upgrade" immediately after upgrading anyway.

 When I first screwed my device I managed to recover it with
 the manual installation routine described in the wiki.
 phablet-flash refused to work in that state, but at least it
 didn't make things worse. YMMV, so if you want to be
 sure, wait for the pros to answer ;). I'm just a
 beginner on these matters.

 Regards,

 Fabian

 Am 14.09.2013 um 18:38 schrieb Phil <madhemail-launchpad@xxxxxxxxx>:

 > Hello good folks, I'm wondering if I could please
 get some help.  I have a Nexus 4 that I tried to load up
 with Touch, I had some problems using phablet-flash with
 cdimage-touch and ubuntu-system so I ended up following the
 manual install process on the wiki, and that loaded it up
 ok.  However I was having problems running the update from
 the software menu (a 308Mb download) so I thought I might be
 able to use apt-get update && apt-get upgrade to do
 the same thing, but that only downloaded a small set of
 updates.  Hence I returned to try that update from the
 settings, but it didn't seem to get anywhere (not to the
 install update and restart option that I'd seen before)
 so I restarted the phone. to try again.  Unfortunately the
 phone will no longer boot - it jsut sits on the
 "Google" screen, so either I shouldn't have
 done the apt-get or the settings update _was_ actually doing
 something and was part the way through.  Either way, my
 phone needs a reload.

 > I can get to the Ubuntu recovery console and have tried
 clearing the cache and performing a factory reset, so though
 neither of those help, at least I should be able to recover
 things.  My question is: what's the best way to reload
 Touch on there, in this situation?  Should I try the
 phablet-flash ubuntu-system or should I manually push the
 image file back over?  If the latter, do I need to do both
 the saucy-preinstalled-touch-armel+mako.zip  and
 saucy-preinstalled-touch-armhf.zip or just one (I would
 guess the second) of them?  I thought I should check which
 is the best way, so I don't make things worse.

 > Also, regarding the OTA update, are there issues with
 running that (I know there isn't a progress bar) or do I
 just need to make sure I keep my phone active while it
 downloads, so the wireless doesn't drop?