Re: Defining Click framework(s) for 13.10

On 09/18/2013 09:31 AM, Loïc Minier wrote:
>       Hi!
>
> Click packages uploaded to appstore currently declare a dependency on
> ubuntu-sdk-13.10, but we haven't defined this ubuntu-sdk-13.10 framework
> yet!
>
> This should be as backwards-compatible as possible (at least up to
> 12.04) so that apps in the appstore don't need to be ported to a new
> API/ABI before it's out in a stable release.

Can you elaborate on this requirement? 12.04 won't have Mir AFAIK and we either
need Mir, something to use a nested X server or X mediation in AppArmor
(desired, but currently unscheduled) to be done and backported to 12.04 to even
entertain the idea of click packages on 12.04.

> Currently we have an ubuntu-sdk package, but no ubuntu-sdk-runtime or
> ubuntu-touch-runtime or whatever we want it; the seed is below, would
> people please reply commenting on APIs/ABIs which should/must be in
> ubuntu-sdk-13.10, with a thought on stability of the interface?
>
> Also, do we want multiple frameworks, notably for webapps or for cordova?
>
>     Thanks!
>
> = Qt 5 APIs =
>
>  * libqt5qml-graphicaleffects
>  * libqt5sql5-sqlite
>  * libqt5svg5-dev
>  * libqt5v8-5-dev
>  * libqt5webkit5-dev
>  * libqt5xmlpatterns5-dev
>  * qt3d5-dev
>  * qtbase5-dev
>  * qtdeclarative5-dev
>  * qtdeclarative5-dev-tools
>  * qtlocation5-dev
>  * qtmultimedia5-dev
>  * qtscript5-dev
>  * qtsensors5-dev
>  * qttools5-dev
>  * qttools5-dev-tools
>
>  * (libqt5webkit5-qmlwebkitplugin)
>  * (qtdeclarative5-accounts-plugin)
>  * (qtdeclarative5-folderlistmodel-plugin)
>  * (qtdeclarative5-friends-plugin)
>  * (qtdeclarative5-localstorage-plugin)
>  * (qtdeclarative5-particles-plugin)
>  * (qtdeclarative5-qtaudioengine-plugin)
>  * (qtdeclarative5-qtmultimedia-plugin)
>  * (qtdeclarative5-qtquick2-plugin)
>  * (qtdeclarative5-qtsensors-plugin)

Note qtdeclarative5-qtsensors-plugin is currently unusable (at least on mako),
hopefully that will be fixed in the coming weeks (LP: #1227116)

>  * (qtdeclarative5-window-plugin)
>  * (qtdeclarative5-xmllistmodel-plugin)

I think these should be added-- we are seeing apps using them and/or have
apparmor policy groups for them
qtdeclarative5-qtorganizer-plugin (calendar)
qtorganizer5-eds - required by qtdeclarative5-qtorganizer-plugin
qtdeclarative5-systeminfo-plugin (network connectivity)
qtdeclarative5-u1db1.0 (ubuntu one)
qtdeclarative5-ubuntu-contacts0.1 (contacts)
qtdeclarative5-ubuntu-history0.1 (history)
qtdeclarative5-ubuntu-content0.1 (content-hub)
qtdeclarative5-unity-action-plugin (HUD)

The url-dispatcher probably needs something for QML (LP: #1223850 discusses this
a little)

This I don't know anything about, but thought it might be something we'd want:
qtdeclarative5-qtfeedback-plugin (haptic feedback?)

FYI, been told that the following are useless (on Ubuntu) and should not be
considered:
qtdeclarative5-qtbluetooth-plugin
qtdeclarative5-qtnfc-plugin