Re: touch init script update list of data partition names

thanks for your hints!

using datapart=/dev/block/mmcblk0p8 in the kernel cmdline seems to work for
now. Adding "UA" to the partname list in the "touch" script didn't work,
even though when running

part=$(find /dev -name "UA"|tail -1)
> path=$(readlink -f $part)

manually from an adb shell it finds the right device at
/dev/block/mmcblk0p8. So it actually should work^^ I opened up the
saucy-preinstalled-touch-armhf.zip file and edited
"saucy-preinstalled-touch-armhf/saucy-preinstalled-touch-armhf/usr/share/initramfs-tools/scripts/touch",
is that the right one?

But as I said, using datapart= as cmdline works for now. As I'm trying
to work my way through the boot process (the "touch" script) I now get
passed my previous error:

if [ -z "$path" ]; then
> 	echo "initrd: Couldn't find data partition. Spawning adbd ..." >/dev/kmsg || true
> 	panic "Couldn't find data partition. Spawning adbd ..."
> fi

And the data partition should now get mounted:

echo "initrd: mounting $path" >/dev/kmsg || true

# Mount the data partition to a temporary mount point

mount $path /tmpmnt

# Loop-mounted flipped model

But I'm stuck at the samsung bootlogo again. When I reboot into
recovery and look at /proc/last_kmsg I can not find the line "initrd:
mounting /dev/block/mmcblk0p8" which should be there, so I don't know
where the problem is at the moment. Am I looking at the right logs?

thanks for your help,
Patrick