Re: Running qmlscene from the terminal

On Tue, Sep 24, 2013 at 4:37 PM, Sergio Schvezov
<sergio.schvezov@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> 1) If you are root, run "su - phablet" so you get into the right user
>> environment
>
> Do this instead:
> sudo -i -u phablet -H

If you're root, you can type su - phablet to the same effect, I
believe. If there's a significant difference, I'd certainly like to
learn about it.

> given that your desktop file is correct, do:
>
> start application APP_ID=test

I'm running and debugging QML-related applications on the phone
without having the application completely ready yet. Although it
sounds sane to recommend that people prepare all the details
(application, desktop file, upstart job, etc) ahead of time, it's also
nice for a developer that wants to get acquainted with the platform a
non-painful path for experimentation. Under the Ubuntu desktop, people
can simply login, run qmlscene against a file, and have a fine
application running, and that feels good.

gustavo @ http://niemeyer.net