Re: Any chat apps being currently developed?

Hi,

On Wednesday 25 September 2013 21:26:08 Sayantan Das wrote:
> Can anyone shed any light on chat apps ? Will empathy be ported to Touch?

I don't think empathy itself will be ported to Ubuntu Touch (well, it always
can happen through the community) but the messaging app on Ubuntu Touch is
based on telepathy. Which means, at some point it should support all the chat
protocols supported by telepathy (or empathy for that matter) directly
integrated into the rest of the phone's messaging capabilities.

> is there be any app supporting viber/whatsapp/line being developed?

Somewhere I read about an attempt to port the N9's whatsapp app to Ubuntu
Touch, but no idea what's the current state there.

Br,
Michael