Summary of Landing Task For Call 27.09.2013

Hello all.

We are meeting twice a day to plan out landings. This email is an experiment to see if sending out some quick notes from that call is helpful to people. Feedback is welcome.

As always, we updated the landing pipeline:
https://docs.google.com/a/canonical.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Au6idq7TkpUUdGNWb0tTVmJLVzFZd0doV3dVOGpWemc#gid=0

You can see details there.

* Alexander will be gone next week. Rick will sit in on task force calls to help with escelations if they are necessary. * Our next build is 68. This image will have the new lightdm session as well as some long awaited scope crasher fixes. We want to land unity changes, but need a release team ack because the changes impact unity and compiz on the desktop. We will go ahead with 68 without the changes if they can't make it through the archive in time. * We want to dedicate build 69 to the new multimedia stack. We don't plan to promote 69 since it will be over the weekend, but it will give the team a chance to triple check that the new stack works just fine on RO images. The new multimedia stack would then be generally available on image 70. * We are tentatively targeting build 71 for switching to Mir by default, but this is blocked on auto-pilot support landing and those tests passing.

Thanks,
Didier