Re: Ubuntu Components on Windows

On 09/28/2013 09:52 AM, ??????? ??????? wrote:
Hello.

Is it possible to use Ubuntu Components on Windows to develop crossplatform applications?

Best regards,
Nick

according to :
http://developer.ubuntu.com/get-started/
You must use Ubuntu to develop phone apps, however since this is a phone SDK, I am sure the work to port it will happen (at least once the SDK has matured and the OS is released, and available on phones).

However, you can wrap HTML5 apps in Ubuntu code to make Ubuntu apps, and of course HTML5 runs on everything (hopefully on Windows phone, but as all web devs know IE is a source of frustration). Since hardly anyone uses windows phones, I think supporting all the major platforms would be better. Of course you can also integrate JavaScript into QML, and JavaScript works on all major platforms (presumable Windows phone as well). A web app should run on Win8 without much fuss, and using HTML5/JavaScript will make porting your app to various platforms fairly painless (by porting I mean making platform specific interfaces/interactions). However, according to:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff827803.aspx
they use Silverlight (not compatible with Linux) and XNA (based off of .NET) so basically... probably not.

in a nutshell cross-platform will be HTML5/JavaScript. Windows phones are possibly not even worth supporting. So, if you make a Web app all platforms will be supported.

Here is the link for Ubuntu HTML5:
http://developer.ubuntu.com/resources/tutorials/html5/

--
Regards