Re: [ubuntu-touch][ubuntu core apps][whatsapp]

IOS and windows phone have a very similar approach to what Ubuntu touch
will have in 14.04 as far as I understood :
Apps will freeze when they loose focus which improves overall performance
and battery life. Apps can use services for some tasks like alerts,
downloads, sound and notifications.

Android has full multitasking. It quits apps only when the system runs out
of memory. Developers can write services which will start at boot and
cannot be killed by users easily

Christian
Am 29.09.2013 13:49 schrieb "Jodie Robinson" <jodiematthewrobinson@xxxxxxxxx