Device management - serial device and X11 exporting

Hi, I installed pronsole (a text-mode console for reprap printers) on
Ubuntu Touch and I connected the printer to my Nexus 4 via an OTG USB
Cable. However, no dmesg messages about it have shown up and its device
(that would be /dev/ttyUSB1 since there is already a ttyUSB0 which I don't
know what it is about) was not created.

What are the steps I should follow to get this device (a simple cp210x
115200 serial connection) working under Nexus 4 Ubuntu Touch?

And what would be the steps I should follow for getting windows exported
from my Nexus 4 to any Linux X Server? Setting up the DISPLAY variable does
not seem to work:

[2:31] [3727] [patola@nexus4 patola]% export DISPLAY=10.0.0.31:0.0
[2:32] [3728] [patola@nexus4 patola]% xterm
xterm: Xt error: Can't open display: 10.0.0.31:0.0

(even with all permissions open, tested also from other linux devices which
worked)

I know Ubuntu Touch is supposed to replace X11 with Mir, but I thought that
with x11-libs installed at least I would have remote display features to
enjoy. Why can't I do that?

Best regards,
--
Cláudio "Patola" Sampaio