Re: Android Emulator Flipped port

>On Tue, Jun 11, 2013 at 11:17 AM, Chirayu Desai <chirayudesai1@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Hey everyone.
>>
>> I've got Ubuntu booting on the Android Emulator (QEMU).
>> The display is black, but I'm able to get a shell, so I think that's good
>> enough for a start.
>
>Yup looks like a good start.
>
>> It needs forking of two repositories from CyanogenMod:
>> https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_sdk/tree/cm-10.1
>> https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_kernel_goldfish
>>
>> build/ and bootable/recovery were merged from CyanogenMod, and then the
>> below patches were applied.
>> build/ merges with a minor conflict in tools/roomservice.py, which is easily
>> fixable.
>> Same for bootable/recovery, minor conflict in recovery.c
>>
>> Patches:
>> bootable/recovery/
>> https://gist.github.com/chirayudesai/5fb848f0b22a12990613
>
>Not sure this is needed since the we aren't including su in our
>phablet-10.1 branch[1]
>
>> build/
>> https://gist.github.com/chirayudesai/7805698423d89e46c1a3
>
>Good, locally applied (going to push soon)
>
>> device/generic/goldfish/
>> https://gist.github.com/chirayudesai/b9008fd57e7b21abbee1
>
>Good
>
>> kernel/goldfish
>> https://gist.github.com/chirayudesai/00607ba8b0856e37754c
>
>And here's the problem, let me explain further down.
>
>> https://gist.github.com/chirayudesai/3a4583e83ad68b47363e - needed to get
>> ADB working.
>
>This link is broken.

Yeah & i'm in the process of getting ADB working. I have now modified
core.mk to include and build qemud services and tools.
Hopefully it will be enough to bring up ADB.

>> After all of the patches have been applied to the respective directories, do
>> the below.
>> . build/envsetup.sh
>> lunch cm_goldfish-eng
>> mka goldfish
>
>This works but I like to breakfast and brunch :-)
>
>> This will build everything needed.
>> Next, make a sdcard image using the `mksdcard` tool, which is used to
>> install "saucy-preinstalled-touch-armhf.zip"
>> Boot emulator into recovery with `emulator -partition-size 4096 -ramdisk
>> $OUT/ramdisk-recovery.img -sdcard <path-to-sdcard>`
>> Push the zip to /sdcard, and install it.
>> After that, exit the emulator, and start it again with` emulator
>> -partition-size 4096`
>> `adb -e shell` will give you a shell :)
>
>The bullet proof test missing was to ubuntu_chroot or just chroot into
>/data/ubuntu...
>You will probably not be able to do anything since glibc
>MIN_KERNEL_SUPPORTED := 2.6.32

Well on flipped model we do not need ubuntu_chroot anymore, as far as
I understand.

>And the kernel for the emulator in that repo is 2.6.29

There is now a 3.4 goldfish kernel packaged in archive, which is now being used.

Regards,

Dmitrijs.