Re: [UBUNTU PHONE][MOTOROLA RAZR] release date

On 10/08/2013 12:05 PM, Lluís Sales wrote:
Good night,

I have a Motorola razr Maxx and I've heard that Ubuntu phone will release first for nexus devices and later on for the rest of devices.

Ubuntu 13.10 will be available for supported devices on October 17th. Images will be available for the Galaxy Nexus (maguro), Nexus 4 (mako), 1st generation Nexus 7 (grouper), and Nexux 10 (manta).

Do you know when will you release for my device? Some days later ? A week later? A month after first release???...

Any other device is dependent on the community to port. The information page for your device was last updated in July, so it's likely that no one is still working on this:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Touch/Devices/xt926

One can hope that once Ubuntu 13.10 is released, it will spur interest in porting, since the OS can now be used on a daily basis.

Regards,
Nathan

--
Nathan Haines