[Porting, initramfs-tools] initrd: Couldn't find data partition.

Unfortunately, I'm still stuck at that stage and wanted to get out a
faint cry for help before slumber.. just wanted to inject
> +       ls -la /dev
> +       find /dev
>
>         # find the right partition
into the ramdisk's scripts/touch in order to be able to posthumously
grok what the baked kernel sees in my device (samsung i927), but hacking
the build/core/Makefile to tamper with the INSTALLED_RAMDISK_TARGET did
not result in a changed file. Why? How to print me a nice full /dev
listing into the log?

Please, how can I transform my potatoe back into a smart phone C;
#Regards/Marcel.

Follow ups