Re: Landing plan update and Task Force calls of 2013/10/06

On Tue, Oct 8, 2013 at 8:25 PM, Loïc Minier <loic.minier@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> The Mir switch will cause some regressions in the Autopilot tests, and
> that will block the upstream merger; see:
> http://reports.qa.ubuntu.com/smokeng/saucy/
> for AP tests to fix and crashes to track!

Specifically, for mir results make sure to check out
http://reports.qa.ubuntu.com/smokeng/saucy/touch_mir/

Tests have started running on system-image #88 including an additional test
that was integrated today for ubuntu-system-settings-online-accounts. Some
things to make note of, just based on what I'm seeing so far:
* Surfaceflinger still seems to be running locally when I install
  - On the mir jobs pointed to by the link above, mir is specified to be
enabled rather than just going with the default, and top logs seem to
confirm that surfaceflinger is not running where I checked them.
* notes-app tests are still failing, see
https://jenkins.qa.ubuntu.com/job/saucy-touch_ro-mako-smoke-notes-app-autopilot/157/
* unity8 tests on mir still fail and timeout
* lots of crashes still happen when running the mir tests such as
maliit-server (see https://bugs.launchpad.net/mir/+bug/1233988),
hud-service, webbrowser, gallery-app, and others
* I'm seeing some cases where system-settle fails, and init seems to be the
process hogging the cpu.  See:
https://jenkins.qa.ubuntu.com/job/saucy-touch_mir-maguro-smoke-mediaplayer-app-autopilot/9/artifact/clientlogs/top_after.log/*view*/for
an example of this (unity8 is doing it at the start of that file, but
scroll down to the ones in the end)

That's about all I have of interest for now, but there should be plenty
more to look at by morning as the tests progress.

Thanks,
Paul Larson