Summary of Landing Task For Call 10.10.2013

Hey guys,

Back for some updates on what we landed and what we plan to land

Image 90 is promoted! It's the first image with Mir enabled by default. The switch was done even if the dashboard isn't green as we hoped to so that we can all focus on getting those issues fixed ASAP. Everyone should concentrate on making that experience as best as we can.

Image 91 was spinned up with an unity8 fixes for the tests failing, unfortunately, not as helpful as we hoped. (However, the unity8 crash on startup is gone)

Image 92 has those fixes staged or getting in:
- we did have the maliit keyboard loading before unity8, which was resulting in multiple crash, the upstart job order is now fixed - powerd (currently moving to the release pocket) fix to get unity8 test suite running (device not getting to sleep when unity8 is restarting for the tests) - unity-scope-click transition (currently moving to the release pocket) to handle debs and click packages in the image. This is going to fix a flickering introduced in image 90 (as well as battery polling).

We'll rekick an image as soon this is on the archive.

At the same time, we did work with upstream to identified different kinds of issues making those tests failing: * We got some out of memory issues, this one can be linked to the upstart memory link but 100%, multiple people are working on it (probably causing https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/unity8/+bug/1238050 and https://bugs.launchpad.net/unity8/+bug/1237207) * Maliit keyboard is crashing in https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/maliit-framework/+bug/1237870. dandrader is working on it.
* the HUD is still crashing. The HUD team is on it and under review.
* Multiple tests can't reveal the toolbar (https://bugs.launchpad.net/mir/+bug/1238062). It seems to be a Mir-input-related one. The Mir team was contacted about that one. * We may still have an unlock screen issue with UTAH, doanac is on that one (and it's not linked to any image)
* Some more debugging info in platform-api for wrong socket creation
* Unity8 fix for crash on exit (coming to unity8 trunk)

Those seem to be the cause of AP tests failing that we currently see in the dash. We still hope to see more fixes in the coming hours and let the door opened for those. Tomorrow morning (european time), we'll reassess on reopening the gate for all other uploads depending on the above fixes.

Cheers,
Didier

PS: thanks Loïc for the heoric effort and countless work hours you did, go to sleep now ;)