Phone App integration with messaging system

I am looking to implement a "Sharing feature" in a phone app, where a string of text can be shared through many different things like text, e-mail, social media, etc.. I would like this to work with both the phone (if there is an integrated sharing function already) and the messaging in Ubuntu (via the messaging menu, and the different apps it supports. I want to know the easiest way to do this, or if it is not yet possible, and where I can read up on this.
Thanks so much!

--
Regards