Summary of Landing Task For Call 11.10.2013

Hi everyone!

Good good news today, we promoted image 92 (see yesterday's email for the fixes in) and we had glorious test results compared to the first one with Mir enabled on image 93. This one is also promoted!

Image 93 contains some of the fixed issues we communicated yesterday (nice work is happening while you are sleeping ;)) and that we landed early: * Some more debugging info and harness in platform-api for wrong socket creation
* Hud crash fix
* Mir crasher on invalid connection fix

This is what is helping to get closer to a green image!

Image 94 is going to be kicked in the coming hours. This one contains a lot of work which has been hanging back for Mir stabilizing. What we have in is mostly: * a big indicator landing (the settings needed it) with fixes for the sound indicator as well (we pulled in ubuntu the whole unity7, compiz, nux stacks as well for this with a lot of fixes for the destkop itself) * a fix in qtdeclarative which made unity8 spinning in infinite loop at 100% (annoying especially during tests) * speaking of unity8, another fix which made it spamming upstart and this latter was growing in memory by some hundreds of gigabits (so, the out of memory error mentionned yesterday). Maybe there is still more work needed for that. Other bug fixes and niciness in grabbing latest unity8 trunk. * a big epic landing containing multiple backend services, latest unity8 and mediascanner (fixes are not yet complete though) to get thumbnailing activated * misc bug fixes in multiple apps (webapps, click, camera-app, system-settings)
* Online accounts error handling and cancelling
* wrong shell set in the environment
* other crash fixes

All that involved more than 45 packages uploaded today (and it's not over yet ;)).

We hope that we are to announce some very good news for the next image (potentially on Monday). This one is planned to include: * we are getting software rendering for some codecs that are having issues with the hardware decoding. This is enabling us to support more video formats that we currently do.
* latest sdk with a lot of fixes
* some keyboard fixes
* be finally able to run unity8 autopilot tests.
* and more! (</spoilers>)

Meanwhile, we'll evaluate tests results from image 94 which sounds really really promising:

Have a good week-end!
Cheers,
Didier

Follow ups