Re: Why isn't Ubuntu-Phone using Firefox Mobile?

Hello,

There are several reasons that Ubuntu isn't using Firefox mobile. The
primary reason is that Firefox mobile can't run on Ubuntu phone. Firefox
mobile is for android, and could not be ported without significant effort
to Ubuntu phone. Also, while I have not tried Firefox mobile, I haven't
heard many people say good things about it. Chrome for android couldn't run
on Ubuntu phone for the same reasons listed above. So, instead of the
painful porting process, Ubuntu decided to make a WebKit based browser that
uses the Ubuntu phone ui style and takes advantages of the platforms
features.

-Joshua Anderson