Summary of Landing Task For Call 14.10.2013 (1)

Fresh news on the image side from the week-end!

So, image 94 built as expected with the content detailed in previous email. In addition to those, we can note that we had:
- the keyboard fixes making some more autopilot tests passing
- latest unity8 for better input handling for autopilot tests as well
- some other minor fixes

The tests that ran over the week-end seems to show a little progression on the automated testing side.

Image 95 was kicked as well with more click fixes, pulse audio handling and boot speed improvment. The test results are a little bit beyond image 94, but it seems to be due to the general noise of flacky tests (for instance, unity8 autopilot tests hanged, and so, all were counted as failing)

We finally have the end of the media story with thumbnailing support! This built last night as image 96. The tests are nearly finished. To prevent spending too much time on manual dogfooding to qualify an image for promotion, we decided to focus on that one and wait for the automated test results (already 3/4 are published by now and they look good).

We are waiting for the next images (ETA not decided yet) on focusing on performance improvment and still some crash fixes (some components didn't pass our validation yet). So, our focus is to work with upstream for the upload we rejected + getting a better tests pass rate (retracing crashers, try to spot with upstream what's still need to be fixed).

I guess that's a good plan for the day. More info on the second meeting later on.

Didier