Re: nexus 7 and UT

On 14/10/13 19:48, Василий Алексеенко wrote:
> I've been trying to flash Ubuntu Touch to a Nexus 4, following
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Touch/Install.
>
> I'm Running this command:
>
> sudo phablet-flash ubuntu-system --channel devel --no-backup
> or
> sudo phablet-flash ubuntu-system -d grouper -b
>
> ...And after doing whatever it needs to do, I get this message:
>
> INFO:phablet-flash:Waiting for install to finish on device. Please do
> not unplug device until phablet-flash finishes.
>
> But after waiting for quite some time I get this error:
>
> ERROR:phablet-flash:Installation is taking too long or an error
> occured along the way.
>
> Please, help me.

Firstly ensure your phablet tools are up-to-date there have been a lot
of fixes, so in a terminal type "sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get
upgrade"

Then type "phablet-flash ubuntu-system --no-backup -d grouper"

This line shoud be suficient to get you up and running on Ubuntu Touch.
 If that doesn't work let us know.

If your machine is stuck then the simple fix is to power it off, Press
the down volume and power button and hold till you see the menu appear,
press the down volume button till you get to Recovery mode and then
press the power button.

Once in recovery run the command above again and that should be it.

--
You make it, I'll break it!

I love my job :)
http://www.ubuntu.com